High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition in which the force applied by your blood on your arteries gets greater than normal. Excessive force on the walls of the blood vessels makes them brittle. Unhealthy diet, sedentary lifestyle, race, age, gender, genetics, and many other factors play an important role in development of this health issue. So, how can you lower your blood pressure and keep it within the normal limit of the Omron BP785 monitor’s readings? Here are 10 easy tips to follow.
1. Have a brisk walk in the evening or the morning when you are free. Keeping your blood-flow within the normal limit doesn’t require any strenuous exercise. Just maintain a regular habit of walking 30 minutes a day and 5 times a week.
2. Monitor your blood pressure regularly using a home blood pressure testing machine. Use the mercury tube blood pressure measurement tool and not the electronic one as the latter might not give you exact results.
3. Have a proper healthy diet that contains foods like avocado, apricots, bananas, soybeans, etc. Avoid foods rich in sodium and add more of potassium rich food as it lowers the effect of sodium in the blood pressure in raising the blood pressure.
4. Flaxseeds are rich in nutrients and fiber. Have 2 tablespoon of flaxseeds with yogurt and 2 table spoons with ice cream. A daily intake of 4 table spoons of the seeds can lower systolic measurement. It is helpful to postmenopausal women.
5. Most of you might be in habit of having beverages few times a day. No, don’t change the habit. Just change the beverage you drink. Replace coffee with tea but restrict the daily intake to 4 cups. Have a glass of orange juice every morning and at night.
6. Dark chocolates are rich in flavonoids that keep your arteries flexible and thus prevents excessive rise in blood pressure due to stiffness in the arteries. Panamanians eat high-salt food but consume enough of cocoa and it has been observed that there blood pressure is within the normal range.
7. Spices like pepper, garlic, lemon, ginger, etc. can be added in your food so as to suppress the feel that the food is low in salts.
8. Hold the hands of your partner for a while at intense situations and it has been found to ease your mental stress.
9. Proper sleep at night is essential. Use earplugs while sleeping as studies show that noise in the surrounding while you are sleeping can raise your BP.
10. Reduce your salt intake. Find the hidden sources of salt in your food. Avoid those foods in your diet.