Posts Tagged: black mold

What Are the Treatments for Black Mold?

Bathing is a wonderful experience that anyone can enjoy. It’s a relaxing time, especially if you do extra things to make it more comfortable. You can put candles around it, bathe with bath bombs, put essential oils in the water, and more. However, bathing can be a tool for health, as well.

It’s already healthy enough to bathe and clean your body, but there are other things you can add to make it better. For example, if you find yourself coming into contact with black mold, you might get mycotoxins in your bloodstream. This can be very bad, considering mycotoxins can cause a lot of sickness and even permanent sensitivities to mold.

At Damage Control 911, there are a few things listed that you can add to your bath. Some of these things are readily available, but you might have to look for things like Bentonite clay and other things. Whenever you add these things to your bath, it will pull those impurities out bit by bit.

Using them a few times a week can provide beneficial results. However, keep in mind that it can be slightly dangerous. Whenever you use these things, your body will also have some nutrients pulled out, so you may feel weak when leaving the bathtub. Be sure to keep yourself steady and give your time to readjust.

Testing and Removing Household Mold

I purchased a mold test for my home recently. I didn’t know what to expect with them, but it was kind of expensive. Luckily, it comes with a laboratory test to find out what sort of mold I have. When I received it, I found that it came with petri dishes and some packets of solution.

It was easy to mix these in the petri dish, considering all it takes is hot water. A small swirl and a swish will allow it to mix, but make sure you read the instructions that come with it. Some of them come with small tubes that you have to scrape mold samples into.

DC 911 helped me a lot when I thought I had mold in my home. The petri dishes settled with their solution and I was able to test the area that I believed had mold. I had to test the air quality since there were no visible signs of mold on my walls. I let the air settle on it for a few hours and then covered it for a couple of days.

It was about 72 hours before I noticed that there were things growing on the surface. It was definitely mold-like, so I sealed the petri dish and sent it off to the lab. I got the results back in a few days and then scheduled a mold remediation service, since it tested positive for mold.